Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ryan Cameron

Our little "peanut"
Much smaller than I thought he would be
On a personal note,
I didn't remember much about my first cesarean. I was much younger and completely terrified. I was so worried about my own health that I didn't listen to noises and didn't soak in any atmosphere. This time- I did and it was amazing. I was still scared. But at least I have a memory of the faces in the operating room.
It is surreal- we drove to the hospital in the dark dawn. It was all very strange to know that within hours it would be a new beginning.
And it was only minutes from the first "over heard" mention of a cut that I heard the tiniest high pitched whale and a nurse held his body in front of my face. He was so very tiny- I suddenly felt guilty, this little guy would have certainly spent the remaining 2 weeks plus another one, I'm sure, getting bigger- I cried- because he was just so small. The anesthesiologist made a guess of 6 pounds- 6 pounds!
But he wasn't! 7 pounds, 3 ounces- but the tiniest little head with the tiniest little face that I have seen (and photographed)
He smells like heaven- and when he sleeps, there is nothing cuter. He HATES having his diaper changed and isn't keen on a bath. He wears little socks over his hands because his long fingers claw his face and his hair is so fuzzy (and there is a ton of it under that hat) He likes to have his bum patted and his forehead rubbed. :-)
And he's all mine
I have no plans to share him with the world for a long time :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

He's oh so sweet. Congratulations again Carrie! I'm looking forward to seeing many more photos of your new little man.

Kenzie Prudhomme January 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Said it once but I'll say it again. He is precious!
I am so happy for you and your family and we love you guys!!!

Becky January 26, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Congrats Carrie! He is so tiny and adorable!!

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Congratulations Carrie!! He is gorgeous!!!

Chris Dawson January 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Congratulations Carrie!!
What a cutie-patootie!!

tanya lynn photography January 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Congratulations Carrie!! He is absolutely adorable. I hope you have time to hibernate for a little while for these first few days/weeks!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP