Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Post 100!!!

I notice that some people like to make a "special" mention for their 100th blog post. I certainly was a wedding photographer long before I even subscribed to a blog so I'm not sure if this is fitting or not. So I got to thinking...Is there something I should write about? Are there some memorable moments? Is there some advice I could give to marrying couple? Is there anything about pictures I could post that I haven't in the past?

Here are some tidbits. Just some juicy and not so juicy details about my "career" for the past five years :-)

First wedding ever?

An acquaintance. She heard that I was looking to build a portfolio and we split the cost of film and developing- yes I said FILM-
The results weren't so good- dream shattering really, then I switched to digital and have forged on ever since. I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE THAT FIRST ATTEMPT AGAIN!

Biggest wedding party?

If I only counted a bride, groom and the "big people" it's still 22 in total. If I counted children and sponsors it's over 40!

Weirdest thing to happen to me at a wedding?

I was licked by a very drunk groomsmen during the afternoon photo shoot. He didn't make it through the night.

Most embarrassing thing to happen to me at a wedding?

My f***ing cell phone rang! My goodness I can't tell you HOW TERRIBLE I felt. To this day I don't even trust the "silent mode" and leave it in my car!!


Most expensive wedding dress?

Just over 2,000.00

Most unique place to get hitched?

One couple got married "under the northern lights" at the planetarium. Another couple in their living room of their apartment.

Most unique reception?

At the "Touch the Universe" silence gallery at the Museum of man and nature.

Fastest Ceremony?

Less than 5 minutes- no music up or down the aisle- no fuss

My favorite venue?

For food and atmosphere, Pine Ridge Hollow without a doubt!

A common trend with at least a few of my weddings each year?

Met on the Internet!

Favorite Bridesmaid dress color?

Black and pink is a close second.

Favorite Flower color?

Pink, pinks, and more pinks!

Veil or no veil?

Absolutely LOVE veils- i think everyone should have one :-)

Chair covers or no chair covers?

I love those too! Although I realize the affordability factor and why everyone doesn't have them.

If I weren't a wedding photographer I would be..?

A wedding co-ordinater/planner. I have been to soooo many that it would be a shame to put all that good knowledge to waste!

Best thing about my job?

All of the people that I have met that have directly been a catalyst in my career or a part of my life. The industry has given me much more than "weddings" Gary and Joan, Lida, Lori, Kenzie, and Karen are just a few that come to mind. Am I ever lucky!!

2 comments:

~Kristina October 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Woot! for post 100. Really cool comments to the questions...and we were totally a met-online-couple that you captured :)
I can't wait to see what new trends and tricks you have in your lens.

Anonymous October 17, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

Guess that means I've read about 100 of your posts!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow...can't believe it's been almost 2 years since my own!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP