Thursday, September 11, 2008

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time I was a photographer at a wedding. Long before a blog, or slide shows or even before I owned a slr camera.
*
It was a Sunday affair, a very warm September day and because it was my favorite venue and she was an acquaintance of sorts the deal was hatched at 300 dollars for the coverage.
The bride didn't want any "getting ready" shots. Ceremony, formals and reception- I don't think I even bothered with detail shots way back when- they certainly weren't yet the trend.
*
This is where the story is important (to me) the day of pictures was done and it was time to enter the tent for dinner. Instead of a guest book the couple had one of those big picture mattes for everyone to sign. I don't usually sign, but was compelled to this fine Sunday. And so I signed- something practical- a warm wish- something to the effect of "so happy to spend the day with you" but I also drew one little heart- which obviously wasn't good enough, so I drew more and more little hearts. By the time I was done I realized that it kinda stood out- FAR TOO MUCH FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S WISH to. I put down the pen, I felt silly, I had hoped no one would notice.
*
It's funny how life works. I don't think I have told Kenzie that every time I look at that matte hanging in her house I thank my lucky stars that somehow she is my closest friend today. That now it doesn't seem so odd that I would draw little hearts on her wedding matte.
If I hadn't been a girl trying to break into the photography business, I wouldn't have even been at her wedding- let alone have spent most the day bossing her around! :-)
*
And because it's almost 3 years ago, and I will probably forget to post this in a few days the slide show from Kenzie and Jayson's day is HERE
And remember folks, you get what you pay for :-P If you think this is hard to watch, imagine what I felt like pulling them out of the archives!


Happy Anniversary!!

1 comments:

Kenzie Prudhomme September 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

oh my goodness! That was so sweet. Thank you so much. You made me cry

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP