Sunday, September 7, 2008

Donation

I usually like to say, "Hey I took that picture"


I was at the very least saddened that when looking at the obituary notices in the newspaper on Saturday a familiar face on a familiar photo stood out. I can't help but feel that life is so uncertain and so very fragile- today I am again saddened.


Because Cancer is among us- an epidemic really. There doesn't seem to be anyone that it doesn't touch in one way or another.


I don't charge a lot for photo sessions- but I feel like I can do something productive. From now until Christmas for any photo session I do I will make a donation to the cause. I feel I want to support PREVENTION or at the least palliative care so I would appreciate any suggestions where a good place to throw some dough would be.


And if I can be as bold to suggest that amidst your wedding planning, location search, photography browse or whatever has brought you here today to take just one minute to think of everything you have, everything you have had, and everything you want to do! Appreciate every second of health you have! Life is a gift- It's really all we have- live it!

3 comments:

Anonymous September 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Hey Carrie!
This is Rachel (aug 31st wedding). Because my husband Chris had leukemia when he was in his early 20's and I am in nursing (starting my paliative rotation tomorrow), we donated money to cancer care manitoba. It's a great organization. They help with not only researching the disease, but also with the emotional and social issues that surround the patient's battle. It's basically an umbrella organization that provides hollistic care to patients and families in their time of need. So if you're thinking of donating...this is a great place seeing as how 1 in 3 Canadians will be touched by cancer within their lifetime. Talk to you soon!

~Kristina September 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

incredible post, Carrie! i just lost an aunt to cancer last week and seeing this on your blog helps know that it does affect so many and we all need to do what we can to help. i applaud your initiative!

Unknown October 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

Carrie,
I was skimming your site as you had taken my niece's wedding photos in June, 2010. I also coordinate a few weddings here and there so I like to stay up todate on what photographers are doing. I came across this post on your website and it touched my heart as my husband has recently been diagonsed with cancer. thank you for caring enough to put your reputation on the line for a worthy cause.

Kim

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP