Monday, February 4, 2008

All A-Glow


I know that my blog entries have been few.

January is usually a slower time for wedding photographers and with the absolute frigid weather we have had- that is a good thing!
This is my last week without a wedding for a long time so I thought I should pop on and say a few words :-)
The wedding show has come and gone- I have to say that my most favorite thing was actually getting to see all the people that have their 2008 weddings booked. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't help many people out :-( I was surprised how many brides were still looking for a photographer for this summer.
I also wanted to give a couple special thanks. My good friend Kenzie (although totally preggo and sometimes swollen(-:) came and helped me the entire weekend! I am so appreciative and I wanted to make sure that she knows it! Also my very good friends at National Video were so helpful. From helping me move in to letting me have the "exclusive" use of their carpet sweeper and all things in between :-) And for the support and friendship that they have always given me!
So I have had some time this month to do a lot of web surfing. I have looked at so many photography websites and blogs that my mind is all full of pictures.
I have seen so many editing techniques- the trend these days seems to lean towards a warm filtered picture with a ton of glow or grain- Also, there are a lot of brush strokes and artistic filters added to pictures to give them the look of a painting- I have tried my hand at some diffusing and editing- I'm not sure if it is the edge I am looking for-






What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Cool trend! With your eye for colour and finding natural contrasts in shots (see sample 2 shot 1) as well as your incredible talent to digitally alter pics i think you've got a sensational variety. In all the shots you take in a day, the variety you provide with edits and originals provides a solid selection for any couple.
awesome work!

a colossal fan...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP